I was going to post about this last weekend, but I figured it would be better waiting a while so this can serve as both an advertisement and a reminder.
Mojoey has initiated the 2009 Atheist Blogroll Photography Competition and you have from now until 15 September 2009 to get your entries in. In the words of the great man himself:
I am pleased to announce the 2009 Atheist Blogroll photography contest. This year’s contest is open to any member of the Atheist Blogroll, their family, friends or significant others. By request, I’ve also opened the contest up to members of the Atheist Nexus too. We have five categories this year.
- Travel and People
- Altered Images
- The Natural World
The deadline for submissions is September 15, 2009. Send your photographs as a .jpg file to the Atheist Blogroll.
Sounds good, doesn’t it? As always there are rules (but these are not onerous):
- Contestants may send up to three photos per category.
- Each submission must be an original work and may not have won any other contests.
- When sending your photographs, you must adhere to the following restriction: Actual file size may not exceed 2,048 KB (2 MB) and must be in .jpg, .jpeg.
- Submissions by persons under that age of 18 require parental consent.
- No Pornography – I follow the, “I know porn when I see it rule.”
Some important points to note about your submissions:
These fields are required.
- Caption and camera information
- Where and when the photo was taken: Los Angeles, May 2008
- The name or pseudonym of the photographer.
- A link the the artists blog or Atheist Nexus page. If a friend of an Atheist Blogroll member, then a link the members blog is appropriate.
By sending a photo you are granting the right for the photo to be displayed at Deep Thoughts as part of the 2009 photography contest or as part of a Google collection linked to the 2009 photography collection. All other rights remain with the artist.
If you are interested and want to find out more – such as how to enter – then check out the original post on Deep Thoughts. This is a great, fun, competition which seems very easy to enter so get out your SLR/Compact/Phone/Whatever and take some pictures. When you’ve done that (and turned them into JPEG if needed) get them off to Mojoey and see if you can win.
Also, Mojoey is looking for people to help with the judging so, if that is more up your street give it a go – but make sure you let my pictures win